So I needed a use for the middle of the asparagus I used tips from yesterday.
I also wanted to make a from scratch bourbon glaze. Mind you bourbon not my favorite thing stemming from some unmentioned fraternity hazing. But I do like bourbon base flavor so how to make thin cut bone in pork chops exciting. My wife likes the thin cut bone in pork chops not sure why but she does.
So here is dinner I came up with.
To note this is also super economical dinner I made it for two with left over glaze for later and it cost less than $13.00 total for 2 people
Bourbon glazed pork chops with Asparagus "beans" and roasted Potatoes
- 4 Each Bone in pork chop
- 1/2 Lbs Middle of asaragus spears "Beans"
- 1/2 Lbs Creamer potato quartered
- 2 Tbls Liquid aminos
- 1/4 Cup Unfiltered cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Bourbon
- 2 Tbls Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Tbls Canola oil
- 1 Tsp Smoked salt
- 1 Tbls Hot sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- Pre Heat oven to 425 Deg
- Gather glaze ingredients
- Add all glaze ingredients... Vinegar, bourbon, ketchup, garlic powder, lemon juice, braggs, brown sugar to sauce pan simmer barelu boiling for 30 mintues until reduced by 50%
- Tosss quartered potatoes in canola oil and season with smoked salt
- Place potates on sheet pan place in oven bake 45 minutes turning once
- Add asparagus to potato sheet pan tossing in oil and smoked salt with 10 mintues left on cooking time.
- Heat cast iron skilets to very hot add pork chops. Sear on both sides.
- Add spoonfuls of bourbon glaze turn twice to coat.
- Let glaze cook for minute or two then swirl chops in further reduced glaze
- Serve pork chops drizzled with pan glaze sauce