This amazing salad recipe comes from my Aunt Isabel’s former neighbor. I have only made a few minor tweaks because it is so good as is. There is only one person I have ever made this for that did not like it.
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 Lbs Chicken breast
- 1 Head Romaine lettuce Chopped
- 1 Pkg Sliced Almonds
- 3 Tbls Sesame Seeds
- 2 1/4 Tbls Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp White pepper
- 1/4 Cup Safflower Oil or canola
- 3 Tbls Rice wine vinegar unseasoned
- 1 Tbls Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbls Soy sauce
- 3 Each Scallions Sliced
- Bring pot of water and soy sauce to slow boil
- Add chicken breasts boil until cooked to internal 165 degrees
- Remove chicken and cool
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds in toaster oven then cool
- Mix safflower oil, seasame oil, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar whick to incorporate
- Shred chicken with forks or chop
- Add all ingredients to bowl dress with dressing toss completely and serve
Great with warm baguette to sop up dressing at bottom of bowl
I love this recipe and I have made it numerous times! It is a great lunch or brunch addition.
Ditto to comment above. It’s a great luncheon recipe.