Kristin serves this with the Vindaloo recipe.
Kristin's Spicy Green Beans
- 1 1/2 Lbs Green Beans Trimmed cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Piece Ginger 1 1/2"
- 10 Cloves Garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 5 Tbls Canola Oil
- 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 each Hot Red Chile crushed in mortar
- 2 Tsp Corriander
- 2 Each Tomatoes Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds Dry Skillet low heat until fragrant then grind
- ground pepper to taste
- Place Ginger and garlic in blender or food processor
- Add 1/2 Cup water blend until smooth
- Put oil in skillet when hot add cumin seed then add crushed chile. When it darkens add garlic puree. Cook 1 Minute then add corriander.
- Add chopped tomatoes crush with spoon
- Add Beans and remaining water. bring to simmer
- Add lemon juice and toasted ground cumin seeds and pepper
- Turn up heat reduce until no liquid then serve