I love Moo Shu Pork and the pancakes you get with it. I decided to make Peking Duck during the Pandemic lock down. To go with it I needed to make these homemade. They were really easy and came out fantastic. They can be made in larger batches and frozen as well.
Mandarin Pancake Recipe
- 2 Cups Flour plus 2 tbls plus more for dusting
- 1/3 Cup Boiling water plus 2 Tbls
- 1/3 Cup Cold Water plus 2 Tbls
- 1/8th Cup Seasme
- Place flour in bowl and stream in boiling water stirring the entire time. Then stream in the cold water continue stirring.
- Continue to stir until it becomes a ball. Then transfer to flour dusted cutting board and knead until it is a smooth ball.
- Cover with damp dish towel and let rest a room temperature for 15 minutes
- Roll out to about a foot long roll then cut in half. Place logs side by side and cut in halk again. Repeat until you have about 10 disks
- Keeping the paired disks roll each pair out until about 3 inch pancake. Brush one side with oil and place paired pancake on oiled side. Then roll out to about 8 inches very thin. Do this for all pairs of disks.
- Heat cast iron skillet to very hot and cook the joined pancakes flipping when slightly blistered then tranfer to plate or steamer basket.
- When ready to serve pull paired pancake apart and steam or microwave to heat up