My all time favorite “go to” brussel sprout recipe. I have never had anyone who likes brussel sprouts not rave about this recipe. This is a large serving recipe because I usually make it for family events feel free to cut it down. the way you cut the brussel sprouts also matters. There are many chopped brussel sprout products available but I really do not like them because the usually include the bottoms which are tough and chewy.
Maple brussel sprouts
Servings: 8 people
- 3 Lbs Brussel sprouts Cut to instruction
- 1 Each Onion Diced
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbls Olive oil
- 1 Each Granny smith apple Diced
- 1 Tbls Hot sauce
- 5 Slices Bacon Diced
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Brown chopped bacon
- Prep brussel sprouts by removing outer leaves
- Cut off stem or bottom of brussel sprouts
- Split brussel sprout down middle from bottom to top
- Mix syrup, hot sauce, olive oil and vinegar in bowl
- Add brussel sprouts, onion, apple and bacon. I add bacon fat as well but feel free to drain
- Toss to coat completely aside for a few minutes tossing to re coat a few times
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until nicely browned and tender
I will vouch for the fact that these are delicious!
So I love brussed sprouts and this recipe has everything in it that I like including the bacon fat and since my own sister approves it -I’m ordering brussel sprouts today from out store!