Another pandemic cooking adventure post. I did not feel like going back to the grocery today for obvious reasons. There are some things about this recipe I would probably change if I had gone to grocery. However I decided to challenge myself and only use what I had on hand. My sister gave me a ground beef chopper for Christmas I actually use it a lot more than I thought I would.It certainly makes a difference in getting ground proteins to be finely cooked.
One Pot Chili Mac
Servings: 6 people
- 1.25 Lbs Ground beef Ground turkey, chicken, or pork will be fine as subs
- 1 Can Beer
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 24.5z Can crushed tomatoes Diced or stewed will work as well
- 1 14z Tomato sauce
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Each Spanish Onion 1/4" Diced
- 2 Tbls Chili Powder
- 2 Tbls Cumin
- 1 Tbls Ground Oregano
- 1 Tbls Ground Corriander
- 1 Tbls Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbls Hot Sauce
- 8 Ounces Ribbed Elbow Macaroni Uncooked feel free to substute whatever pasta you have on hand. Penne, Cavatapi, Etc
- Sour Cream As Condiment
- Scallion As Condiment
- Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese As Condiment
- I prefer a 5.5qt enameled dutch oven for this but any stockpot will work
- Brown ground beef and chop cut to make sure there are no large clumps.
- Drain Ground beef of most of the fat leaving about a tablespoon in pan to sautee the onions and garlic. Set beef aside as it drains.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes unitl translucent. Then add garlic and saute for another minute. It will seem very liquidy but once the pasta is added that will change.
- Add drained ground beef and all remaining ingredients except elbow macaroni and water.
- Simmer 15 minutes over low heat
- Add uncooked elbow macaroni and water and reaie heat to medium low. Cook 20 minutes until pasta is Al Dente
- Serve with Sour cream, scallions, and cheese as garnish