My Pandemic culinary adventures continue. Digging through the freezer I found one last puff pastry sheet. I also found a box of frozen spinach. I thought I love spanakopita so I dug through the fridge and found some feta cheese. I figured I had everything I needed to mock up spanakopita. I did a little internet research and found various versions of what I made. I came up with how I would make them and went about it. Fast easy and they came out delicious.
- Muffin Pan
- 1 Box Frozen Chopped Spinach 10 ounce box
- 2 Each Eggs Beaten divided
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Dill
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Minced Shallot
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Each Large Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 Each Sheet Puff Pastry Dough From 17.3 ounce box of 2
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- Pre Heat Over to 400 Degrees
- Thaw Pastry dough according to box direction. Do not over thaw should be very cold when working with it.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out as much water as you possibly can. Then loosely chop to cut apart the strands.
- Mix together spinach, one egg beaten, feta cheese, dill, zest, olive oil, minced shallot, salt and pepper.
- Roll out puff pastry to about 12x12 cut into 9 equal squares. Place square in each of 9 muffin cups leaving corners up.
- Divide filling evenly and fill the 9 cups. Pull corners over top and squeeze to seal leaving some openings. Brush tops with remaining beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and cool in muffin tin on cooling rack for 10 minutes. then remove tarts with sharp knife.