Veal Piccata is an easy quick dinner. You can certainly use chicken breast or even pork chops if you don’t have or want to eat veal. The best veal to use is top round cutlets they are more tender than leg cutlets.
- 2 Tbls Olive oil
- 10 Ounces Veal cutlets
- 2 Tbls Capers
- 1 Tbls Fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbls Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup Stock Chicken, Veal or Beef will work
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Mix flour, paprika, and white pepper in shallow dish
- Pound veal cutlets to about 1/8" thick
- Dredge cutlets in flour and spice mixture to coat evenly
- Heat skillet and add olive oil
- Pan Fry the cutlets in the olive oil working in batches so as to not crowd. Remove to a warm dish. Do not overcook the veal as it will become tough.
- De Glaze pan with wine and broth. Scape up all the good bits and bring to a boil. Then add capers and lemon juice and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until sauce is reduced by about 25% and slightly thinkened.
- Re add cutlets to the pan to warm them up. Serve over pasta or rice.